What is Social Enterprise Bootcamp?
Social Enterprise Bootcamp is a full day startup coaching, training and practical workshop program that teaches entrepreneurs and innovators how to start their own social and commercial ventures using the most essential tools, techniques and methodologies like Design Thinking and Lean Startup methodology. During the full day program participants acquire the skills needed to identify, test and eliminate any obstacles in order to build a viable business model. As this workshop focuses on validation under the motto of ‘Fail Fast, Succeed Faster‘, our attendees make practical progress in only one day, while learning all the tools, tips & tricks that will allow them to apply the same principles on their future projects.
Attendees go through training and practical workshops throughout the day under the guidance of the Program Coach. Every session gives birth to 5 new social enterprises at the end of the day built by the participants themselves. At the end of the program teams pitch their newly born ventures to the experts from startup ecosystem to get expert feedback and insights for further growth. Winner team gets an award of incubation package (office space with work desk for 3 members, computer and internet, PR & network support, mentorship support).
Who should attend?
- Aspiring/existing Entrepreneurs
- Young Professionals
- Social workers
- Graduates and University Students
9:30 – Registration, Breakfast & Networking
10:00 – Innovation & Social Innovation and Developing Startup Ideas
10:30 – Design Thinking process in Innovation (by Stanford d.School)
11:00 – Grouping into 5 teams
11:15 – Coffee break & Networking
11:30 – Design Thinking workshop (practical session)
12:30 – Lunch break & Networking
13:30 – WWH of the Business Model Canvas
14:00 – Business Model Canvas workshop (practical session)
14:45 – Coffee break & Networking
15:00 – How to develop the “Perfect Idea Pitch”?
15:30 – Pitch Deck Development (practical session)
17:00 – Trial Pitching
17:30 – Pitching Session to Experts and Q&A
18:30 – Coffee Break & Networking and Evaluation
18:45 – Announcement of the most Innovative Social Enterprise and the best Presenter
19:00 – Closing Remarks by Experts
19:15 – Photo Session
19:30 – Doors close
Benefits for the participants
- The attendees learn the most essential tools and techniques of building a startup
- The attendees practically use the knowledge and build their first startup in the same day
- The attendees learn the most important concepts of social innovation and tools and techniques of building a social enterprise
- The attendees get opportunity to network with the experts and fellow changemakers in the city during networking sessions
- All participants are entitled to the Certificate of Social Innovation Practitioner
- All members of the winner team are entitled to the Certificate of the Most Innovative Social Enterprise
- All members of the best presentation team are entitled to the Certificate of the Best Presenter
- E-copies of the materials used in the event are given to all participants
- The attendees are entitled to 50% discount for Social Innovation Lab Membership
- Most importantly, we promise that all participants will have the craziest, the most fruitful and fun Saturday of their entire life.
When and Where?
The Social Enterprise Bootcamp takes place quaterly (once in 3 months) on Saturdays. The venue of events changes depending on participants’ location. The first bootcamp took place in QUTechnopark at Qafqaz University as majority of the participants were students of Qafqaz University.
Food and drinks?
Yes! Participants are served soft breakfast. Regular lunch (includes: main meal, soup of the day, desert, salad/fruit, drink) is provided at the event location. Three coffee breaks (includes: unlimited coffee, tea and sweets) are provided as scheduled in the agenda above.
Who organizes Social Enterprise Bootcamp?
The event is designed, organized and brought to you by Social Innovation Lab. Our mission is to bring social innovation and social entrepreneurship to Azerbaijan and build a community of intelligent and responsible doers. This enables citizens of Azerbaijan to contribute to the social and economic progress of the country. We believe that, expecting someone else to come forward and solve an existing social and economic problems is not the right approach. Therefore, everyone should take responsibility towards the progress of the nation and country and contribute to the process.
Can I pay at the door?
Unfortunately, no. Because the materials and food for the workshop needs preparation, we suggest that you book the tickets early so we can prepare the needed arrangements for you.
How to book tickets?
Call +99477 590 6 095 to reserve your ticket.